1. What is OpenMusicReview.art
OpenMusicReview.art (abbreviated to OMR) is a website designed to allow for publishing artistic research on music, informing about music events (concerts, conferences, seminars, premieres, live transmissions, etc.), and holding discussions on the forum and in the comments of the published research.
The thematic categories of the OMR website:
- choral singing
- musical education
- school education
- instrumental studies
- jazz and stage music
- sacral music
- sound engineering
- theory of music
- vocal studies
Additionally, the website also publishes content created within the scope of:
- a periodical of the Feliks Nowowiejski Academy of Music in Bydgoszcz (AMFN)
- projects and research activities conducted by AMFN as part of the Art of Perfection project of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education.
The website’s administrator’s announcements are also published on the website.
The artistic research is published by the website’s users. The process is supervised by the OMR Editorial Team.
Events are published by the OMR Editorial Team in cooperation with the users – partners of the OMR service provider.
OpenMusicReview.art also includes an online forum.
2. Service provider
The provider of OpenMusicReview.art service is Feliks Nowowiejski Academy of Music in Bydgoszcz, ul. Słowackiego 7, 85-008 Bydgoszcz, Poland
3. Who can use the website?
The website is intended to be used by:
- Music and musicological academies, institutes, faculties, and departments;
- Academic staff and lecturers of the above;
- Students of the above;
- Music schools;
- Music teachers from musical education institutions;
- Music teachers from general education institutions;
- Students from musical and general education institutions;
- Musical and cultural institutions;
- Musical artists;
- Musical journals;
- Journalists of musical journals;
- Music lovers and people interested in musical literature, artistic research, and music events;
Before using the website, underage users should obtain permission from their parents or legal guardians who will take responsibility for their use of the website.
- The data controller of the OMR service is Feliks Nowowiejski Academy of Music in Bydgoszcz (85-008), ul. Słowackiego 7.
- The data controller defined in Point 1 has the duty of maintaining utmost diligence when processing personal data, and especially to prevent the data being lost, unlawfully shared, or accessed by unauthorised persons.
- The data controller designated a Data Protection Officer to ensure compliance with data protection laws. The Data Protection Officer may be contacted via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Personal data of OMR users will be processed for the purpose of publishing artistic research, information about events (concerts, conferences, seminars, premieres, live transmissions, etc.) and holding discussions on the forum and in the comment sections of researched published on the OpenMusicReview.art website.
- The legal basis for personal data processing are the terms and conditions of OpenMusicReview.art website.
- Disclosure of personal data is necessary for performance of the purposes for which the data is being collected.
- The data shall not be disclosed to third parties with the exception of situations provided for by the data protection laws.
- The data of the website’s users shall be stored until the consent for its processing is withdrawn. Deletion of personal data does not mean that all of the content (publications, entries, or comments) published by the user is deleted as well.
- The websites users have the right to be forgotten. A user that wishes to be forgotten should notify the data controller and the website’s administrator of such a decision in writing.
- Users have the right to access and rectify their data, the right to restrict its processing, as well as the right to raise objections and the right to raise a complaint with the Inspector General for the Protection of Personal Data.
Permission to use personal likeness
- Users express consent for OpenmusicReview.art website to use their personal likeness in any form (biographical notes, photos, etc.) for the purpose of presenting the published research and artistic events and for the promotion of the website.
- Users hereby renounce any (current or future) claims, including those for remuneration from the service provider for the use of their personal likeness/voice/statement for the purposes expressed in the declaration.
- Users have the right to withdraw their consent to use their personal likeness. Notification of the withdrawal shall be delivered to the Data Controller in writing by submitting a letter at the administration office of the Feliks Nowowiejski Music Academy in Bydgoszcz or via an email sent to email@example.com.
5. Permitted actions and forbidden actions on the website
The website’s user may:
- create/delete an account;
- modify their data. The data needs to be correct;
- send in artistic research for publishing;
- submit information to be published in the „Events” section (partners of the Feliks Nowowiejski Music Academy in Bydgoszcz);
- make use of the forum (logged-in users);
- mark entries as favourites;
- comment on entries;
- share entries on social media;
- upvote entries;
- cite content in accordance with copyright laws (with indication of the author, the publishing date, and the title of the publication);
It is forbidden to:
- use curse words;
- post entries with content that does not match the website’s categories;
- post spam (in entries, in the comments, and on the forum);
- post illegal content;
- post content to which the poster does not hold copyrights;
- violate personal rights of other persons or institutions (e.g. by publishing an image in the likeness of a person without their consent);
6. Changes in the functionalities of the website and in its Terms and Conditions
The website’s administrator informs the users of any changes via e-mail sent 14 days prior to the changes being implemented. This timeframe may be shorter in cases of changes in the law or in case of court decisions.
During that period the user has the right to stop using the website either by deleting their account or by submitting a cancellation request via e-mail. The website’s administrator will remove the account after receiving the request.
Removal of the account does not mean that the user’s posts are deleted as well, unless the user specifically requests it.
7. Account creation, publishing and deleting content
7.1 Creating/deleting an account
An account can be created by pressing the „Register” button. The user shall follow the instructions. Creating an account requires providing the first name, the second name, and a valid e-mail address. Disclosure of data is entirely voluntary, however it is required in order to register an account on the website.
Account creation involves verifying the e-mail address. The website’s administrator may ask the user to complete or rectify their user data.
The user may delete the account at any time. Deleting the account does not mean that the user’s posts are deleted as well, unless the user specifically requests it.
The OMR administration may remove an account for the following reasons:
- violating the Terms and Conditions of the website by the user (especially for performing prohibited actions specified in Point 5);
- inactivity of the account for over 2 years and failure to react to a reminder sent in by an e-mail at the end of that period;
The administrator shall notify the user about the commencement of the account deletion procedure. The administrator may send a warning demanding a correction of the post within three days of the posting date. Should the user fail to correct the post in that timeframe, the Administrator may delete the user’s post or account.
The user has the right to appeal the Administrator’s decision via e-mail. The appeal is then reviewed by the OMR Editorial Team within 30 days.
Failure to comply with the provisions if these Terms and Conditions shall constitute grounds for deleting the account in accordance with the procedure described above and for reporting illegal activities to appropriate law enforcement authorities.
7.2 Entries in the „Artistic research” section
Entries in the „Artistic research” section are published through appropriate functionalities of the user’s control panel. The user edits the content of the post and then submits it to the OMR Editorial Team. The Team then revises the content of the entry in terms of its compliance with the thematic profile of the OMR website and with its particular categories and also possibly makes editorial corrections. The comments are sent to the user – the author of the post – for the user to implement any possible corrections.
The Editorial Team ensures that the entries are published with the author’s name. The Team will respond to reports of copyright infringement.
Deletion of an entry from the „Artistic research” section is done in accordance with procedures described in Point 7.1 above, „Creating/deleting an account”.
7.3 Entries in the “Events” section
Entries in the „Events” section are published by the OMR Editorial Team in cooperation with partners of Feliks Nowowiejski Music Academy in Bydgoszcz (AMFN). The AMFN partner status may be obtained by musical and cultural institutions, academies, and organisations after contacting the firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail address.
The OMR Editorial Team consults the content of the entry and its technical requirements (e.g. live streaming a conference, a concert, etc.) with the AMFN partner, and then publishes the specified content.
A post may be deleted from the „Events” section as a result of the OMR Editorial Team’s decision, after consultation with the AMFN partner, or when the content of the post becomes obsolete.
7.4. Entries on the forum
Posts on the forum may be published by logged-in users of the OMR website. The forum is moderated by the OMR Editorial Team. The OMR Administration may delete a user’s post or account for reasons specified in Point 7.1 „Creating/deleting an account” and in accordance with the procedures provided therein.
Users of the forum may comment on the posts and participate in discussions under entries in the „Artistic research” and „Events” sections. The OMR Administration may delete a user’s comment or account for reasons specified in Point 7.1 „Creating/deleting an account” and in accordance with the procedures provided therein.
8. Software utilised as part of the website
Utilising the functionalities such as commenting, embedding multimedia content, or sharing posts, is accomplished with the help of external services (e.g. YouTube, Discuss, Facebook, Soundcloud) and may require the user to be registered on these websites.
9. Disclaimer of liability
Liability for the content of entries in the „Artistic research” section, as well as for the content of graphical, audiovisual, and other materials embedded within such an entry is borne by its author – the OMR website user.
The service provider and the OMR Editorial Team are not liable for:
- content published as part of a live streaming;
- incorrect information in the data or entries of a user;
- violation of the Terms and Conditions of the website by the user.
The service provider holds the right to transfer the service to an institution, foundation, or other organisation of their choice. Any changes will be reported to the users via e-mail. Accepting these Terms and Conditions constitutes agreement to the possible transfer of the service. In case of a transfer, the user has the right to delete their account in line with the procedure described in Point 6 „Changed in functionalities of the website and in its Terms and Conditions”.
11. Applicable law
Any disputes shall be resolved in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Poland, and the court of material jurisdiction is the appropriate Court in Bydgoszcz.
The Polish version of these Terms and Conditions shall be binding.